Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hitting 100,000k

The M Roadster rolled over 100k miles a few weeks ago. Once upon a time that was an amazingly huge number of miles for a car. I see it as mid-life for most cars made in the last 20 years, especially this one.

Last week I was driving to work, I was on the highway and felt a vibration in the front end. It felt like I had lost a wheel weight and one of the wheels was out of balance. It wasn't terribly bad so I kept driving.
Turned out the vibration was a sticky brake caliper draggin on the rotor.
Normally this is the sort of thing I'd fix but I was no where near home and I felt lazy so I let the shop fix it. Add $288 for parts and labor to my maintenance tally.
I suspect front brake rotors are in my near future. The mechanic said it was obvious that it got pretty hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment