Monday, June 20, 2011

M Roadster Impressions - After One Month

I have about 1,000 miles on the Roadster and about five hundred miles on the new tires.
Here are my thoughts so far:

The Engine
It's amazing. I have never found myself lacking for power. I have become very aware that I have to be very careful to use the power wisely or very bad things could happen.

The Handling
If I were the kind of person who made a habit of driving hard in the corners I would need a four point harness to hold me into the seat so that I could focus on driving the car rather than hanging on to the steering wheel. It's not that the seats are in inadequate, it's just that the car pulls that hard in the corners.

The Ride
This is a daily driver so I do mixed city/highway driving during rush hour 50 miles a day round trip. The car rides rough but I don't feel beat up when I arrive. I'll have to take some longer trips to see how I feel after driving several hours.

It's always a trade off between handling and ride. This car makes fewer compromises on handling than most cars and sacrifices some ride smoothness to do it.

Fit and Finish
My impression is that the car is put together better than a Honda but not as well put together as a German built BMW.

Looks
Every day when I walk out to the car to drive to work or come home I am amazed that I get to drive something that looks this cool.

Conclusion
The car is everything I had hoped for and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment